Tuesday, December 16, 2008

CBH Challenge for Dec 16th



This was a really nice challenge. Love the sample ornament. This week's CBH Challenge was to create an xmas ornament using a similar concept to the sample. I decided to use Suzanne's (Quietfire Design) "Merry Christmas" large snowflake from her new xmas rubber stamp set. Love them all.
I rubber stamped onto cream toned cardstock using Brilliance Pearlescent Rust stamp pad and then thermal embossing with Queen's Gold embossing powder. I did this 5 times. Cut out my snowflake type shape and stuck them together. Added the gold ribbon and some wood and metal beads. The wood bead I painted witha Krylon gold leafing pen. When everything was done, I then applied some Liquitex Glass Beads which i had mixed with a few drops of Golden's Iridescent Gold fluid acrylic. When all the edges had some of this stuff on them and while still wet, i sprinkled some dark gold Ritz Glitz glitter. I'm very happy with the results. Hope you like it too.



Sorry I'm still not able to access my web site to do updates and stuff, so there are only the blog enlargements.

8 comments:

Kristy C said...

Just beautiful, Yogi!!!

Beth Akins said...

Pretty snowflake! I love that stamp!

Art By Wanda said...

Love this, Yogi!!!

Mary-Beth said...

Lovely ornament Yogi!!

okanagan_spirit said...

It looks lovely Yogi. Yo had a lot of cutting to do.

Sandie R said...

This is a wonderful ornament Yogi

Char said...

This ornament is really fabulous. Brilliant idea to use the snowflake pattern. Love it.

Faye said...

Really beautiful. The snowflake stamp is gorgeous. I love the embossing. Also, you trees for last week's challenge are wonderful ATCs. I love the glitz and glamor.