Wednesday, April 1, 2009

CBH Challenge Mar 31

Eggs is this weeks CBH Challenge theme. I like eggs, but not an easy subject for a card. At least not for me. I am totally not into Easter. Although when I was younger I remember hunting for eggs. (chocolate ones that is).

Anyway, I thought I'd go toward the Faberge type eggs. Now those speak to me... So I took a piece of Whitewashed cardstock in a pale bluish green tone. Used Quietfire Design Flourish stamps using Brilliance blue stamp pad and double loading with (Sapphire and Queen's Gold) embossing powder. Cut the ovals out with a Coluzzle oval shape and mounted it to a Bluish Bling cardstock. Mounted that to a Canson Mi Tientes dark blue cardstock. Punched out the gold flourishes with an EK Success jumbo flourish punch from a ribbed gold Specialty Paper which I ran through my Zyron first. I wrote in my quote with a white Prisma colored pencil. I rounded the corners of the card as well.

Quote: The world is full of hopeful analogies & handsome, dubious eggs called possibilities. George Eliot


Now I'm in a quandary as to what occasion I can use this card??? Any help appreciated.

2 comments:

Faye said...

This is so gorgeous that I hope you can find a suitable person to give it to. Maybe with an appropriate second sentence inside it could go to a graduating senior about to embark on a somewhat scary voyage into the world job market.

I hope you didn't miss the tribute I gave to your blog on March 30. I really can't say enough about your gorgeous calligraphy.

Faye

Unknown said...

CassandraMarie

I agree! I'm not much into the cutesy Easter themes, so I wrote off this weeks challenge until the very very end. I love your unique take on this!

As far as what to use it for-- well, that's why I don't make greeting cards, haha. But I'm sure someone would love to receive it just as a surprised "I'm thinking of you" sort of thing.