Friday, December 21, 2007

My Birthday

It's been several days again. I just can't believe how quickly the days go by. Just blink and 5 days are gone...
Anyway today is my birthday, and I had a very good one. Lots of friends sent me cards and little gifts and more friends wished me online, so it was a warm fuzzy day.

To celebrate I made myself a big pot of Bouillabaisse. My dad used to make it and it was fabulous. It brings warm memories of the good times we used to have when we lived on Prince Edward Island, many years ago. I didn't make it the traditional way (which is not really to my liking), but made it "a la Yogi". The broth was made with onions, leeks (white part only), carrots, celery, anise, parsley, garlic, thyme, salt & pepper, saffron, olive oil, white wine, tomatoes and a bit of water. Then the fish was layered on top, lobster, shrimp, scallops, clams and snapper. Ate it with some fresh French bread. Yum!! For desert I picked up a Tiramisu. Was too lazy to make one myself this time.

The day is almost over, so after my next posting (the Tuesday challenge cards I did), I'll be off to bed relax and watch some TV.

1 comment:

Art By Wanda said...

Happy Birthday, Yogi!!!!