Wednesday, April 30, 2008

CBH Challenge April 27th

Well this week's CBH challenge is done. Theme was "House & Home". I wanted to get away from the "traditional" home images, plus a good friend just moved into a new home. So here's another 2 birds with one stone (no pun intended). I decided to use a birdhouse as my main image. I have these beautiful birdhouse/bird stickers that I always feel guilty when I want to use one. Once it's used it's gone forever. So I scanned the stickers and manipulated one of the birdhouses into a B&W image, printed and used colored pencils to color it, then cut it out and stuck it to my rubber stamped background card. I just picked up a Fred Mullett "Italian Parsley" rubber stamp set. Really pretty, looks like ferns. So I stamped the lavendar card all over with both stamps using Adirondack Felt dye ink "Winter Sky". then stuck my birdhouse image down. Added one of the little bird stickers from the sheet (there were 2 of them so I don't feel guilty for this one) and punched out a butterfly with my new Whale of a Punch from some decorated paper. Added some brown 3D fabric paint on the body and some Stickles yellow on the wings and just glued it by the body section only. Wrote my words on another piece of the same lavendar cardstock with a purple Zig marker and the "home" with a Sakura Metallic violet gel pen. Mounted this strip to a piece of green streaked alcohol ink background paper I've been making for the past couple of days then onto my main card.

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh so pretty. Absolutely lovely.

Deborah March said...

This is GORGEOUS! I love the vivid colours you used.

filetta said...

it's very beautiful !

Quietfire said...

Lovely Yogi! Thanks for taking the challenge!

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!!!