Thursday, July 2, 2009

Thanks Cards

Had a play day with some friends that was especially nice. A delicious lunch, sightseeing etc etc. So I thought I'd make a couple cards to say thanks. This is the first time I tried this. I saw it in one of my friends books. Can't remember the name of the book or the author. But this artist put gesso on the metal and then painted it. Most of the time I use copper and can't understand why someone would want to cover it up with gesso, even if they don't cover it completely. Copper gets so nicely distressed basically on it's own. But then I thought a bit more and realized I had metals I don't really like for one reason or another, so thought I'd try it on them. Was pleasantly pleased with the results. Click on either card to go to my website for the details. Both cards are on the same web page. Enjoy.

No comments: