Monday, August 31, 2009

OK so 2 more cards

Here are a couple more cards for the gg design challenge which I thought started in August, but actually will only start in September. So hit me over the knuckles with a wet noodle.

After the last card I submitted, someone asked me whether I had tried using my Cricut to cut out a shape from the veneer. And the answer is no. Not something I'll try either, because I don't want the cutting mechanism to foul up if it jams in the grain of the veneer.

But then I decided to try using my Cuttlebug instead. One card uses a Sizzix "Puzzle" die and the other uses a couple Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circles. Both work well cutting the veneer.

Both cards use gg designs and Quietfire Design rubber of course... BIG GRIN.


Click on either image to see details and descriptions.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Yogi, These are both wonderful. You sure can dress up a piece of simple veneer. The flower card is just gorgeous and the puzzle piece is just as pretty only in a different way. I am in love with your artwork and hope to learn much from you.

Jeanette