Thursday, November 19, 2009

Digi Ink Sketch Nov09

This week we're doing a sketch over at Digi Ink. It lends itself very nicely to various options. The card at the left was my first one. When I looked at it and then at the sketch I realized I goofed a bit. It would have been acceptable I'm sure, but... so I made a second one, the one at the right. This one is true to the sketch. BIG GRIN. And now I have 2 more Xmas cards in my arsenal for this year. And that's a very good thing.

I brayer inked up the snowflake embossing folder with Distress stamp pad ink Blue Jeans, then went over sections of it with Dusty Concord. Ran it through the Cuttlebug and then thermal embossed it with Holographic embossing powder.

The snowflake on generic dark blue cardstock punched out with the Martha Stewart snowflake punch. Sookwang tape put on the back and Ritz micro fine Dark Gold glitter and a touch of Stardust sprinkled on top and burnished. Joy (
Quietfire Design "Textured Xmas Words") was stamped on cream cardstock with the blue and clear embossed. Both ovals are cut with the Spellbinders Classic Ovals large, and the one on the cream was colored with the distress inks with a sponging tool.

The snowflake border ribbon was punched out using EK Success snowflake border punch. On one I double punched to create the scallop on the other side, but it was a little bit of work, so decided to just trace the scallop and cut with an x-acto knife. Worked just as well. I put Sookwang tape on the back as wide as the border so there was sticky stuff sticking out on both edges where the scallop dips. Sprinkled with the Stardust then the Dark Gold glitter.

On the second card I added the twisted silk blue/silver cord.
Detail pics of the second card below.






5 comments:

okanagan_spirit said...

Very nice cards Yogi. You sure are getting a nice variety with all the challenges you are creating for.

Unknown said...

I agree, you have some amazing cards here! Love the blues and silvers! Thanks for playing at Digital Ink Co!
Blessings,
Kim xXx

Judy said...

Hi Yogi!!

My goodness. I think this is probably my favorite card from you so far. I love the colors, and how you made a winter card look soft and inviting! Very well done!!

stitchy said...

Yep Judy is right, this card is amazing Yogi, the colors are so soft and subtle, just beautiful..reminds me of winter ice with a very warm touch...oh did I say congrats on last week's win, if not CONGRATS, well deserverd..your stuff is awesome..thanks for joining us again..you know I'll be back lol...good luck again
hugz
stitchy

Jane Jeffress Thomas said...

Love those gold snowflakes.