Saturday, July 3, 2010

Stampede artwork

These are the two pieces I submitted to this year's Stampede contest.


Love the one on the left which was a serendipitous piece. Some of you may recognize aspects of it from a couple cards I made a while back with the Adirondack chairs. I'll be really sorry to see it go.

The one on the right is a quote I also did a while back on a Galleria piece, made it a bigger size and added the second quote. It's a pity it doesn't show up better, because it's a beautiful piece in real life. I dry embossed it on watercolor paper and really wanted to keep it white on white, but it really wouldn't have shown well through the various protective glass, so I sponged some color on it to make it stand out more.

Click on either piece to see descriptions and details etc. Enjoy
Now the wait until the judging and Stampede actually opens. Keeping my fingers crossed.


1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Yogi,

Love what you did with both pieces. I hope you win the contest.

Linda E.