Saturday, October 16, 2010

Poinsettias


Aren't these poinsettias gorgeous. I love them. I came across a sample of them the other day and it stuck in my head. I've done 3D flowers with punched or die cut elements, but then had to dry emboss a design, or hand paint vein lines etc. What was so nice about the flower I saw, was the petals were stamped, and heat embossed and then cut out and assembled.

So today I finally had some time to create and play (finished all my current commitments, packed up my stuff for a show and sale I'm attending this year and all the other little things that needed doing) and decided to open my newest purchase - a Therese Collins stamp making machine. I figured this was the perfect thing to try in the machine to "get my toe wet" - big grin. Anyway, I hand drew some petals with veins on the clear plastic that comes with the machine. Used a Sumi ink pen that worked like a charm. I could have printed it with an ink jet printer, but I don't get the best results from printers on plastic - so opted for hand coloring. I was surprised at the deep etch I got in the rubber, although the negative part of the rubber seems to be very thin and papery feeling. Of course I might have left it to cure about 30seconds too long, so will see what happens next time. But even so, the rubber works well. Just not a rubber I could sell. sigh!! I had plans of selling my rubber to a small group of people. But for this card it worked wonderfully.

My next plan is to do something calligraphic, maybe for my Xmas cards...

Anyway, click on cards to see details and descriptions etc. And I used Quietfire Design rubber quote stamps.

It also fits for these challenges:
A Spoon Full of Sugar #125 Winter Wonderland
ABC challenge F is for Flower
All Sorts Challenge #74 Bingo choose a line - Brads, lace & pearls
Clean & Simple Stamping #FTL112 Sketch

9 comments:

okanagan_spirit said...

These are very lovely Yogi. I look forward to seeing what you do with the stamp kit.

Beth Akins said...

Gosh, these are pretty! The green and white just exquisite.

Art By Wanda said...

Yogi, these are totally gorgeous!!!!

Velta said...

Oh my goodness...How beautiful these are!!! Very elegant!!! TFS!

Ruby's Girl said...

WOW Yogi these are beautiful flowers. I really like them alot. I too will watch with interest what other things you come up with . The poinsettias are perfect .
Judy

Mummylade said...

this is an amazing project. Thank you so much for joining the bingo challenge at Allsorts this week and good luck!

scotspanda said...

beautiful cards your poinsettias are lovely

thankyou for joining us this week at Allsorts

Amanda xx

Distressed Miss said...

Gorgeous card I love the flowers.
Thanks for joining us at ABC.
Hugs
Clare
x

Sandy Ang said...

What pretty layered flowers on your cards !