Friday, December 31, 2010

Calli Bri HB card

I was given a challenge to create some cards using Lynn Slevinsky's style of decorative lettering. She has several books available for lettering and card making that are wonderful. Well worth purchasing and some are available through Quietfire Design called Marker Lettering HERE & HERE.

Now when you first look at this card, you might say to yourself, I can't do this - well think again. If you can color, you can do this.

My baby sister's birthday is coming up, so I thought what a good idea to make her card in this style.

I'm using Spellbinders dies, Tombow watercolor markers (my favorite watercoloring marker) and Sakura Stardust Gel pens (my favorite glittery gel pens). I'm also using the Happy Birthday stamp from Quietfire Design - love that stamp - so whimsical.

Click on card to see details, descriptions & closeups etc and to see what's hidden behind the lettering BIG GRIN.

And it fits for a few challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Challenge Party Time/celebrate
Your Next Stamp Challenge #32 Lets party
Moving Along with the Times #79 Birthdays & circles
Creative Card Crew #65 Birthdays
Fresh Brewed Designs #28 Celebrate
Totally Paper Crafts #47 Time to Party
Totally Gorjuss #61 For someone special

6 comments:

Quietfire said...

Awesome Yogi! I'm glad to see the Spellbinders Labels 16 in use.

Robyn said...

let's make 2011 the year of coloring!
thanks for sharing.
I've been using marvy le plumes markers. why do y ou like the tombows?

Hazel (Didos) said...

Hi, ah this is super, What a cool card, thanks for playing along on MAWTT this week, All the best for 2011. Hazelxo

Pami said...

Hi Yogi, gosh what a lovely card. I have never seen this style before. Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week. Happy New Year. Pami x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

What a fun and sweet card!!!

Thanks for celebrating with us at Freshly Brewed Challenges.

Kat said...

This is lovely Yogi, really different and unique. Thanks for sharing it with us at TG.

Kat x