Thursday, March 3, 2011

MC Mar/11 - Greens - Pandas Thanks

Shabby chic and vintage are not easy subjects for me, even though I love the look of them, but since there were a couple challenges that asked for it, I decided to give it a go...

The sentiment is from Quietfire Design. I love those pandas, from Local King Rubber, but I think this is the first time I've used them.

And this week over on Created By Hand the theme is Lucky or Green

The pin on top with the elephant is an altered item. I had these doll head pins from eons ago and never used them. Didn't really want to use it this time either, but then I said - how can I alter it - and that got me in to two challenges - one that uses pins and one that said alter something BIG GRIN.

Tags is something else I very rarely use. But since there were several challenges that asked for tags as well - figured I might as well make one. And with all these challenges I really like the end result.

Anyway if you want to see more details and descriptions etc, just click on card image. Enjoy.

So it fits for these challenges:
The Pink Elephant #94 Buttons, lace & ribbon
TSG Clear Stamps #96 Stamp on something other than CS (Polymer Clay, then baked)
Spoonful of Sugar #141 use a tag
Creative Craft Challenge Thank You
Cuttlebug Challenge Use Pins
Flourishes #107 Green
Kort o Mania #35 Alter Something (the pin)
Tuesday Throwdown #38 use a tag
Belli Challenge #112 use an animal
Creative Cottage #34 use a tag
Gingersnaps Creations #90 charms
CCEE Stampers #1109 Swirls
Charisma Cardz #9 four legged friends
Do You Stack Up #9 green
Dutch Dare Card Challenge #102 Who's in the Zoo
Meljens Designs #48 use an animal
Paper Play Wk9 Shabby Chic & Vintage

23 comments:

Julye said...

Hi what a fab card and love the Pandas, I also find shabby chic/vintage difficult but well done you. Thanks for sharing your card with us all here at creative craft challenges and good luck.

Leah l'Orange said...

this is lovely! the texture is just wonderful, and your pandas are perfect for our 4-legged friends challenge at Charisma this week. thanks so much for joining us! :D

WencheP said...

Very cute card, thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Dee Jackson said...

Hi Yogi! Your card is wonderful! those Panda are too cute. Thanks for playing in the FTTC this week.

DonnaMundinger said...

What a fun card! so many interesting elements! LOVE your pin! Thanks for joining us at TCS and great job on ALL of the challenges! xxD

Miranda said...

gorgeous card Yogi, very cute
thanks for playing along with us at the DYSU challenge this week
hugs
Miranda

Shelly said...

Oh wow, I love your 'panda' creation... perfect for our challenge! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly :)

Clare Brown said...

good for you getting out your confort zone. Fab card thankyou for joining us at charisma this week.

clare

Beth Akins said...

Yogi-the pandas are great! Glad you got them out. Beautiful card :)

Unknown said...

love the pandas - and how the black flower stands out over the background :-)

kitten DYSU team

Karen W said...

Cute card, the pandas are so sweet! Thanks for joining Creative Belli

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Those pandas are just super adorable!! Love your use of swirls on the tag also!!

SmilynStef said...

Love how your panda is perched on your sentiment ... just adorable ... thanks for "charm"ing us at Gingersnap Creations.

Unknown said...

Awww how cute!! I love your details. Thanks for playing at Paper Play this week:-)
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Yenni Natalia said...

I love panda! it is really rarely to see crafter use panda as a main image..so i am totally fan of this card :)

thanks for joining Dutch dare challenge.hope to see you again in the next challenge.
hugs
yenni

sandra's crafty corner said...

such a sweet panda, thanks for playing along at CCC and good luck
hugs sandra xxx

Lauren said...

Adorable! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Unknown said...

This is so cute! I love the panda images and green embellishments! Thank you for playing along the FTTC with us.

Leslie Miller said...

Well, now, this turned out just great! I like all your little additions. I'm not much of a tag gal, myself. If I made them I'd probably use them, though.

lam said...

beautiful. Thanks for joining Kort O Mania

Joan Ervin said...

Your little pandas are sooo sweet...this is such a beautiful card!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

Robyn said...

love the Pandas
thanks for sharing with Created Byhand

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful card, Yogi!!!