Thursday, June 2, 2011

Revolving Center cards

















So had a wonderful play day with some friends. First got the serious stuff out of the way (auditing our Guilds financial stuff, then got into show and share and playing...

I've done revolving center cards before. I remember making a birthday card for my aunt eons ago. I'm so glad my friend re-introduced me to them today. So click on the card at left to see how we made the flower, which she also taught us today, and some closeups and more details etc.

Then I got a lesson on using Pen Score - moldable foam, something else I've had for eons, tried a couple times and then just left alone - didn't like it. I like it now BIG GRIN. The background for this card on the right was made using that material. It worked so well. Thanks Fran.

So you can click on the card to the right to see more details and descriptions for that card too.

PS both cards use the latest Quietfire Design rubber stamps. The one on the left uses "Invisible tears..." and the one on the right uses "How old would you be..." they also both are using a quote from the Friendship set.

Enjoy.

8 comments:

lizzie said...

These are both beautiful cards, Yogi. You have certainly given Quietfire stamps a great show.

Beth Akins said...

Fabulous! I love how creative you are and how you devote so much time to your creativity! Keep it up!

Robyn said...

interesting and inspiring
love the quotes and all the colored boarders

Therese said...

Hey! Great cards as usual!! Love the penscore background - I would not have guessed!! The paper flowers are pretty cool as well with all their colour!!

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Therese
www.tmalakart.blogspot.com

CG said...

Your work is always so inspiring... Thank you for the tip on the moldable foam...I searched for it today. I've got to try it! I'm working on a stamp project with the walnuts from our yard, and I've been using polymer clay to make the molds, but I think this work much better!

Art By Wanda said...

Fabulous!!!!

BlackCats said...

Great cards Yogi. Thanks for the inspiration.

Shirley said...

Beautiful cards and a great fold too! Thanks for reminding me of this fold!