Friday, August 12, 2011

MC Aug/11 - Flourishes Colors - JRoss (FLLC-811b)



I'm in a race against time - deadline 5pm EST, so that means in a couple hours from now.... I kept clicking on my refresh button yesterday to get to the noon challenge, not realizing I wasn't on the actual blog but on a specific post, so all I was getting was the same post each time - Sometimes I worry about myself BIG GRIN

So this challenge is a color scheme. Not sure if the middle color is supposed to be white or a light olive oil type color, but I used both - so I'm covered.  I'm also using a stamp set from Flourishes "Fanciful Flourishes" #95
I used Distress colors Barn Door for the base of the butterflies, then Forest Moss for the flourish interiors. I sponged Distress Crushed Olive around the edges. Used a dark olive Bazzill Monochrome cardstock. I don't normally make square card (cost too much to mail them) but with the butterfly design, that's how it evolved.

You can now click on card image to link to my website. Enjoy I'll eventually have a link to my website for more details and descriptions. Probably later tonight since I'm going to the Taste Of Calgary in about an hour to pig out on good food... right up my sleeve. Love it.

I'm also using a Quietfire Design quote stamp quoted from a good friend.

3 comments:

Julie Koerber said...

So very pretty Yogi! Love the way you made a frame out of those fabulous butterflies! Way creative!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty and a wonderful treatment with the butterflies. Thanks for playing in Flourishes Color Challenge.

BlackCats said...

What a cool idea to use butterflies to create a frame for the sentiment. Lovely card.