Thursday, December 8, 2011

Mc Dec/11 - Star Dies 3D - Joy Peace

I came across these 3D stars done with Zentangles on Susan's blog  and liked the 3D effect immediately. So decided to try them using rubber stamping instead. This is the result. Not mailing friendly mind you... unless you make them a lot flatter. Sigh!!

Anyway I like the results, so will make them again. BIG GRIN. I'm using a faux stitching stamp to sew the horizontal borders (Flourishes stamps set #154) together. Really hard to see because it's a brown color which partly blends in to the gold embossing. But in some of the close ups you can see the stitching.

My sparkle comes from the Perfect Pearls mists I used, the silver and gold embossing and the rhinestones along with the glittery ribbon.

The tip: Since the embossing folder I'm using is way smaller than my 8.5" height and it's text words, which would be awkward if put on their side or upside down etc. So created a geometric design by laying the folder at odd angles each time and embossed that way. Looks neat.I could have spliced it for this card, but in some cases I don't have a  horizontal line where a splice could work.

This week's Created By Hand  and Quietfire Creations challenge theme is Stars or Light. I'm also using Quietfire Design rubber - small snowflake and words.

So to see more details and descriptions, click on card image and enjoy.

And it fits for these challenges:
Flourishes  #147 Sketch (see below)
Createalicious  #28 monthly something for Xmas and sparkle
The Pink Elephant  #128 Snowflakes & sparkle
Totally Stampalicious  Snow
Creative Craft Challenges faux or real stitching
Reasonable Ribbon  #37 Silver Gold with ribbon
Top Tip Tuesday  #63 Let it Snow (& tip)
Crafts & Me Challenge  #94 Winter, snow/snowflakes
Crafty Creations  #147 Card with Sentiment
One Stop Craft Challenge  #160  let it Snow
SSDS Challenge  Holiday card
Card cupids  #46 Winter Themed
Pile it On Challenge  #49 Bling it on
Pixie Dust Studio  #103 Glitter & bling


14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the stars you made and I understand that sigh, I also prefer to make cards that I can put in the mail without costing me an arm and a leg! But the card you made is gorgeous so I hope you have someone to hand deliver it to!

Mynn xx said...

Oh, WOW!!! You've done it again! You've taken my breath away! Those stars are super fabulous! LOVE the three word sentiment, too! GORGEOUS creation! :)

Beate said...

Yogi, those look GREAT!
Hugs and smiles

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful card Yogi! Love the pretty stars! Thanks for joining along with FTTC :)

Leslie Miller said...

Love the look! Beautiful card, Yogi!

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card!! Must try the stars. TFS

SVIT said...

Lovely card! Love your 3D stars! Thank you for playing along with us this week at OSCC! Good luck!

Ani said...

Lovely card! Thanks for playing along at OSCC this week!
Hugs, Ani

Anonymous said...

Oh glitz and glam, love it! thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this time, I hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

tt.scraps said...

Beautiful card!!!
Thanks for joining us at SSDS!
Hope to see you again!
Tammy, SSDS DT

Nana Donna said...

Love the way you followed the sketch.
Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations

Lori Turner said...

I love those stars! thanks for entering your card at Totally Stampalicious!

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Yogi! I love how you added the stars!!! Thank you for playing the Sketch with us...hugs ~S~

sandra's crafty corner said...

thanks for joining us at Creative craft challenge in our stitching theme and good luck with the draw and blog hop
hugs sandra dt