Sunday, June 3, 2012

MC June/12 - Quilled Drop Flowers - A Friend

I'd say I had a very productive day today...
Yesterday I helped my friend celebrate her birthday. We went out to Red Lobster and it was superb. Did a little retail therapy and then came over to my place and played a bit with her new dies and things. While playing this card started to formulate in my brain. I have the drop flower die, but hadn't used it yet. Her's was handy so cut from some scraps on my desk, sponged a bit more purple on it and I thought it looked great., Then I was tearing up various pieces that were laying on my desk, sticking them here and there. After she left, I quilled a bunch of the little petals to mimic the die cut flowers. After that I was too tired to continue, so went to bed and watched some TV. So when I got up this morning, the whole thing assembled very quickly.

Anyway to see more details and descriptions, just click on card image and enjoy.

I'm also using a quote stamp from Quietfire Designs

And it fits for these challenges:
Oh La La Creations  #106  make it girlie
Stamp with Sarah Kay  #169 for a girl
CCEE Stampers  #12-22 Paper Piecing
Southern Girls Challenge  #45 dies or punches
Trimmies Craft Challenge  #157 use a background text



4 comments:

carol said...

lovely card, sounds like you had a lovely day,thanks for sharing with CRAFT this week, x carol

Aunty Sue said...

lovely card and thanks for sharing at CRAFT this week

JD said...

Beautiful card!

Daniele said...

thanks for joining us at OLL with your lovely card
hugs