Friday, August 3, 2012

MC Aug/12 - Lemonade - Take Time

One of the challenges called for black & white + 1 color and another for fruit and that's how this card started... It's a one layer card with a bunch of masking, embossing etc. Love the way it turned out.

I also got in a bit of my own calligraphy, although I almost ruined the card with the pen and ink I started to use. Click on card image to see more details and descriptions, and where I made the boo boo.

I'm using what was, I think, intended as an Xmas stamp by  Quietfire Design , but hey... shouldn't we enjoy the delights in every season. Love Lemonade in the summer.

And it fits for these challenges:
By the Cute & Girly  Monthly Aug - something with fruit
Crafty Creations  #181 cool summer treats
The House that Stamps Built  DCC81 Black, white + 1 color
Cute Card Thursday  #228 CAS
Totally Papercrafts  #128  monochrome

5 comments:

Brigitte said...

This is a gorgeous card!!!! I love the calligraphy and beautiful background. Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte

Charmaine Stack said...

How clever to make that sentiment multi-purpose!! I would never think to sponge Black Soot with the yellow but it works. Your lettering coordinates nicely with those corner motifs. A lovely summer card.

Beth Akins said...

Beautiful and yellow is my favorite color!

Geraldine said...

Lovely, cool card. Beautifully put together.
Thank you for sharing your creation with BTC&G's "Fruity" challenge.
Geraldine

Patti J said...

I am always so impressed with your personal touches. Your card is beautiful, your calligraphy is amazing! Beautiful card, thanks for sharing! Thanks for participating in our DCC Challenge at The House That Stamps Built!