Sunday, November 25, 2012

MC Nov/12 - Blue Jays - When Friends Meet

click on card for larger view
This is one of my newest stamps from Local King Rubber "Gathering Place" that I got last weekend... I made stamp silhouettes and cut with my electronic cutter, then layered them on to my card front.

I started with a white card 5"w x 7"h. Stamped the Tree Line (Impression Obsession CAC) with Distress Crushed Olive & Pine Needles. Over stamped it with more Pine Needles and Gathered Twigs. Sprinkled some Distress embossing powder here and there for texture in various colors.

Stamped the cloudy sky (Impression Obsession) with Distress Tumbled Glass. Then inked up another cloud stamp (Flourishes) with the Tumbled Glass and a bit of Broken China and just tapped that stamp.

Cut my quote/sentiment (Quietfire Design) apart and arranged it horizontally, stamped with Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed. Colored the heart with a red marker and embossed with red embossing powder.

After cutting my bird elements, colored the stamp with Distress markers, misted lightly with water and stamped the cut outs. Adhered to card front. Added some black/gold chain type Peel Offs for the hanging section.

And it fits for these challenges:
Inspiration Avenue  something with a heart or a queen
Crafty Ann's Challenge  #79  animal or birds (2nd entry)
Fashionable Stamping  #35  Home sweet home



5 comments:

Maggie said...

This is really beautiful! I love the bluejays and the pine trees in the background are wonderful!

Yvonne Garner said...

I love your card design. Beautiful pine trees and bluejays. Thanks for joining us at FSC! Best, Yvonne

Ann Whitfield said...

Beautiful card Yogi, thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
Ann x

Fliss said...

A really lovely card. Great images and love the colours.
Thanks for sharing this with us at FSC.
Fliss x

Jen said...

Lovely image of the Blue Jays feeding. Super card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
Jen x