Saturday, February 23, 2013

MC Feb/13 - Classic Cars - HB

I guess I must be on a roll today, 3rd card. BIG GRIN...

I was cleaning out some drawers in my art room and came across a little baggie with a bunch of squares from some hand made decorated paper I can't even remember from when... So I started playing and rearranging them and this is the results.

It's also not my usual card fold - I really don't like top fold cards, they always fall flat on their behinds, but that's what this one is. 8.5"w x 4"h from cream cardstock.

The green squares are some faux patina I was experimenting with. The brown are some sponged technique and then spritz with Glimmer Mist I think. I adhered them to the same cream cardstock as the card, then onto a mesh decorated paper (Design Master spray paint through a mesh, also done eons ago), then onto another dark brown decorated cardstock with some kind of shimmery mist, then onto the card front.

The cars (Marianne Designs) were die cut from black paper I had painted with gold streaks and some other colors (also eons ago) then sponged with Distress Pine Needles and clear embossed.

Wrote the sentiment :You're a Classic" on some cream cardstock and then cut it out in an arrow shape.

Stamped the birthday sentiment (Quietifre Design) with Versafine Black Onyx ont he cream and cut an arrow shape.

I'm content and used up a few more pieces from my never ending stash...

And it fits for these challenges:
Totally Gorjuss  #172 "Happy"
Crazy 4 Challenges  #174 texture
Crafts 4 Eternity  #112 very vintage
Simon Says Stamp Challenge  use an arrow
Anything Challenge  #86  vintage or shabby chic
Marianne Designs  Monthly - use your favorite colors (love browns, they're so rich)




2 comments:

Evie said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at C4E. Hope to see you again for the next challenge.

DT member.
Evie

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Yogi :-) I love the masculine look of this ,,, absolutely gorgeous :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x