Friday, March 29, 2013

MC Mar/13 - Quill Daffodils - HB Friend

side view (detail of two tone paper)
It's one of my friends birthdays next week, and she's part of our quilling group, so thought I'd make her a quilled card...

The card is side folded 4.25"w x 5.5"h white cardstock.

I made the daffodils white petaled and a bright orangey yellow center which I crimped before coiling and creating an inverted grape.
frontal view

The stems and leaves were colored on one side of a mint quill paper using
Distress markers in Crushed Olive. The leaves is a new technique for me. I cut out some pale green vellum in the shape of my leaves, then wrapped it and adhered the individual strips for the veins. Tedious, so probably won't do that again... Adhered everything to the card, then wrote in my words using my Fickle Font I created recently. Put in some colored pencil details.

Stamped the "Happy Birthday" from the 10 tiny tag sentiments from Quietfire Design using Versafine Black Onyx.

Click on either image to see a larger version. Enjoy

And it fits for these challenges:
Crafty Cardmakers  #87  use the word Friend
Lexis Creations  #86 Mother's Day or special female BD
Trimmie's Craft Challenge  #200 Mother's day or special female
Old Back Porch  #65 card a week
Opus Gluei  #153 try something new (The leaves and crimping the centers of the flowers)
Alphabet Challenge  D for daffodils

10 comments:

Papercraft By Carole said...

You may have found some of this tedious but believe me, the results are well worth all your efforts. This is a gorgeous card using a technique I wouldn't even dream of attempting so hats off to you. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers this time. Cxxx

Blossom Cards said...

hi to you I love the quilling you have done thanks for sharing with lexis creations happy crafting to you
Rachel DT

Cazro said...

I cannot say how much I admire those who can produce such pretty work with Quilling. It is a nice change to see this technique, your work is wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Alphabet Challenges. Caz

Sharon said...

Lovely card. Thanks for playing along at Crafty Cardmakers. Good luck! Sharon x

Pat said...

Beautiful card, gorgeous quilling, thanks for joining our challenge at Alphabet Challenge this week.

Pat xx

Birgit said...

This a beautiful card and so delicate-love the leaves

Tammy said...

Oh this is gorgeous!! I love your quilled Daffodils! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
Tammy x

Electra said...

I have always wanted to try quilling, Yogi, and your card is inspirational! It's perfectly lovely! You're obviously an expert in this technique! Thank you for sharing your talent with us at Opus Gluei, I always love to come here and see the magic you have created!

Brenda said...

Wow, wow, wow! You must be a very patient person to put this phenomenal card together. Your daffodils are gorgeous!

Rosemary said...

Yogi, this is lovely and your friend is going to enjoy it very much (perhaps that will make all that time on the leaves a little more bearable?). The quilling is so striking, I think it works wonderfully for our theme at Opus Gluei, I'm so glad you came back to play with us!