Monday, April 8, 2013

DT Apr/13 - Modern Grid - Friends Are Those

My turn on the Quietfire Creations Blog today and I'm taking up Holly's challenge to try the Modern Grid technique. It's a fool your eye technique where the background appears to recede.

You can see Holly's version HERE.

I stamped the Gingko (Quietfire Design) leaves all over my white 5"w x 7"h card front using Versafine "Smokey Grey", then colored with Prisma colored pencils.

Die cut a bunch of Spellbinders "Basic Matting" rectangles from regular cardstock and used them as masks to color and draw the outlines. I sponged Pan Pastels.

Stamped my quote and sentiment (Quietfire Design) with Black Onyx and used the rectangles to outline the text. Colored with the pencils.

I then drew my inner square details and colored with blue pencils.

I added vein lines in the Gingko leaves with a Quickie Glue Pen and sprinkled with Glitter Ritz "Peridot"

I filled in the area of the plant word with Glossy Accents.

A one layer card with a lot of faux dimension.

And it fits for these challenges:


No comments: