Quietfire Creations blog. Well with these two cards - you can't get any simpler than this...
Our quilling group had a napkin exchange this past week. Now I have two huge drawers filled with napkins, so I really don't need anymore... BIG GRIN But then again some fresh designs might change my mind set and it sure did. Can't believe that with all the ladies that were exchanging napkins and the amount we all brought with us, there weren't any duplicates. AMAZING!!
Ok, then one of the ladies said, what do you do with them... Normally I use a gel medium to adhere my napkin to my cardstock, applying the gel to the cardstock and then laying my napkin on top. Works well, but does have a tendency to warp. I also use a glue stick in the same manner and like that as well. And I've done it with bee's wax, which I really loved, but is messy.
Now I know, adhering napkins with plastic wrap and a hot iron was supposed to work, but hadn't tried it, so that's what I used this time. What a breeze. I first tried the cheaper plastic wrap that you get in those jumbo rolls for the big dispensers, and even though it worked, I was a bit leery about it coming apart at some point. Then I tried it with Saran Cling Wrap and what a difference. Who woulda' thought... It adhered immediately and when cooled down, was stuck real good.
You got to admit, these napkins have beautiful images... So I lay a piece of cardstock (white 110#) on my work surface, a piece of plastic wrap and then my napkin face up. NOTE: If you've got any plastic wrap showing around your edges, you will need to put a protective layer on top so you don't ruin your iron. Using a dry hot iron (almost cotton setting), iron over your napkin. Allow the napkin to cool completely before seeing if it adhered properly. PS You'll see a difference in the look of the napkin where it adhered.
For the orchid card, I used Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics dies, cutting first the napkin piece, then I adhered it to my white cardstock, and placed the next die over the layers, centering it and then die cut that. Tied the ribbon around the two layers. PS the ribbon is just tied in a knot, and before pulling taught, slipped a small piece of ribbon into the knot, then pulled taught. Easy... Adhered everything to my light apple green card front (4.25"w x 5.5"h).
Inked up my stamp (Quietfire Design companion Stamp set "We Cannot Tell") with versafine Black Onyx, masking off the rest of the stamp with a piece of Magic Tape, then removed the tape after inking, then stamped onto card. Did the reverse masking of the stamp for the inside of the card, inked it up with the black and clear embossed.
For the roses card, I used the saran wrap. I die cut with Spellbinders Classic Ovals large and used an out of the box technique to have the rose bud outside the oval. I die cut the Floral Oval from some cream cardstock and adhered my rose oval. Scored and folded Kraft cardstock to make my easel card (5.5"w x 4.25"h) and adhered my elements to the center front.
When I die cut the rose, I cut into another part of the design, which I trimmed down and used for my easel floor, splicing some edge pieces to it.
Stamped the quote (Nature Quotemarks) with the black and die cut with the same oval die set. Folded it after the 2nd sentence and used it as a stopper for my easel. Adhered to card floor. When it was all done, I really wanted some bling... so added the rhinestone flourishes. I'm totally content and they both took less the 15 minutes to make, and that includes some of the thinking...
Hope you give it a try, it's addictive. Have a great day
Click on any image to enlarge.
And it fits for these challenges:
Digi Stamps for Joy #65 easel & bling
2 Sisters Challenge #140 use blue & /or Green
Fashionable Stamping #46 add a sentiment