Sunday, April 14, 2013

MC Apr/13 - Circle Easel - Sleeping Under

Love the quote I used on this card - it is so true...

I was checking out various challenges and assembling my elements together and this is the result. I'm content.

I cut my easel & Circle with my EK Success Circle Scissor. Didn't have a Spellbinder's Large circle - c'est la vie. The card base from white cardstock and the front circle from Kraft cardstock. Stamped my quote (Quietfire Design) using Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed. created a mask with tracing paper and then stamped the background (Hero Arts "Flowing Flowers & Vines") using Perfect Medium and embossing with white embossing powder. Adhered the circle to the easel part of the card front.

Gathered up a bunch of elements from my stash. The flourish (Sizzix Tim's "Elegant Flourish") was white cardstock. I saw one of the challenges was to use something wooden, so I die cut the flourish from Wood Veneer and adhered it to my white die cut for strength and durability.

The bird cage was a Memory Box die which I had cut a bunch of experimenting with different faux techniques - this one with rust paint. It even feels rusty.

The bird on branch was die cut from some very plain decorated paper, so I colored it in with Prisma colors and added blue & pink glitter.

The base of the easel is woven from strips of paper that I throw in to my slivers drawer for just this reason - weaving... They're from all kinds of decorated papers I've made over the past year or so. Takes a long time to use up slivers...

Another challenge was to use something that starts with the first letter of your name. Ummm!! "Y" - ok - yarn is something and then I added the yellow ribbon bow to another wooden element the button.

Stamped the words "My Friend" (Quietfire Design) with the black on translucent vellum and adhered it to the card base with Sookwang tape.

Click on any image to enlarge. Enjoy

And it fits for these challenges:
Penny Black at All Sorts  Monthly April  Blossoms & bows
Paper Take Weekly  Bingo: glitter, punches, lace; die cuts, free, buttons; blooms, ribbons, gems
Tuesday Throwdown  #142 Fancy Folds
Delightful Sketches  Circle Shaped card
Crafts 4 Eternity  #119 something with wings
Fussy & Fancy  #86 use a faux technique (rusting on cage)
Old Back Porch  #67 card a wekk
Simply Create Too  #35 use your stash
Stampin 4 the Weekend  #32 Friendship
Totally Papercrafts  #162 use Kraft
All Sorts Challenge  #202 use something starting with the 1st letter of your name (Y for Yogi - yarn & yellow ribbon)
Crazy 4 Challenges  #181 wood (wood veneer flourish & wooden button)
Marks Finest Papers  #154 use white embossing
My Time to Craft  #217 something found in the sky (bird)
Pile it On challenge  #15 embossing








14 comments:

carol said...

Fab card, great shape.... thanks for playing along with us at TPC this week, x carol

Winnie and Patty said...

Beautiful shaped card Yogi! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Speedy Fox & Friends blog challenge!

Wendy Fraser said...

Wow, this is fabulous, the rust effect on the cage is brilliant. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy xx

Sue said...

WOW!! This is stunning. I love the design with that gorgeous bird and the way you have woven the strips of paper using so many different papers looks wonderful. A great way to use of spare pieces of paper too!
Thank you for taking part in the Stampin' for the Weekend Challenge
Sue xx

Sarah said...

Really great card! The weaving is a great idea and I love that sentiment stamp! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

wannabcre8tive said...

So very pretty, I love the quilting. Thanks, for joining us for the Speedy Fox and Friends challenge.

paper fun said...

Lovely card. I love bird cages and yours is gorgeous. A very cleaver use of scraps.

Thanks for joining our wing challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity.

Mari

mixamatoasties said...

Stunning project.

Thanks for joining in with my kraft challenge at TPC this week.

Susan x

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful! Love all the details!
Thanks so much for playing along at Penny Black and More! Good luck!

Sarah said...

There's so much to look at on your card Yogi! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Use Your Name challenge x

Pat said...

Very creative. Thanks for joining Speedy Fox and Friends.

brenda said...

A totally delightful creations Yogi.

Thank you so much the sharing your inspiration with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

B x

Sazzle said...

Congratulations Yogi you've been hand picked in our top 5 over at Fussy and Fancy. Please pop over and pick up our badge if you want it for your blog hun!


xx Sazzle xx

Linby said...

What a wonderful sentiment and a beautiful card you created.
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT