Wednesday, April 3, 2013

TH Apr/13 - Beep Beep - Longest Journey

Another month where I got to do Tim's monthly challenge at the beginning rather than at the end of the month!!

Picked up some of his Distress Paints and really like them, so when I pass by one of my crating stores, I will pick up more of them. My pocketbook feels it already...

Applied a bunch of the paints on a craft sheet (copper, Picket Fence, Peeled Paint, Mustard Seed, Broken China, Victorian Velvet), misted with water and smooshed a white tag through the paints, continued to cover all areas. Misted the tag with some water and then dried. When I looked at the tag it reminded me of a sky and rolling hills which is when I decided to go with a car and journey theme...

Scored and folded my easle card (7"w x 5"h) white cardstock. Stamped the map on the front (Impression Obsession) with Versafine "Smoky Grey". Adhered my tag with the hole above the fold so I could add the ribbons later.

Stamped the poplar trees (ArtKure) with Staz-On Black.

Die cut the car (Marianne Designs) from black cardstock, applied Perfect Medium through the die and embossed with Pearlescent embossing powder - made it a silvery color. Adhered to card. Added the yellow rhinestones for headlights...

Die cut the letters (Sizzix Tim's "Word Play" alphabet die) from black cardstock, glued the letters together to make my words and applied some of the Distress Paints on one of them, dried it and covered it with Glossy Accents. Covered the black one with Glossy Accents as well. Adhered to card. Drew in my 2 little birds with a Zig Writer. Attached my 3 varieties of ribbons.

Cut a piece of black cardstock for the floor of the card. Stamped my quote (Quietfire Design) with pigment ink and embossed with white embossing powder. Drew in my highway lines with a mix of Copic Opaque white and some H2ยบ using a pointed pen. Adhered this to the floor and trimmed.

Painted a couple buttons to resemble white wall tires (what do I know - sheesh...) with the Distress paints and alcohol pens.

I'm pleased with the card, now to figure out who to give it to...

Click on either image to enlarge. Enjoy.

And it fits for these challenges:
Tim's April/13 challenge




2 comments:

Sande said...

I love how you created a landscape!

Beth Akins said...

love it and I picked up a few of the paints and liked them too- I want one of the metallics now :)