Thursday, September 19, 2013

MC Sept/13 - Quill - Lorraine 65BD




We celebrated my friend's 65th birthday yesterday at Paper Pastimes during our quilling session. Thoroughly enjoyed the afternoon. (Finally I was forewarned that it was a 65th so I could make a milestone BD card...) One of my other friend's brought a mocha cake with a sparkler... delicious - sugar overload. Not used to that much sugar. BIG GRIN - but delicious none the less...

Anyway I can now show the card. Love the way it turned out. I'm using a card structure the birthday girl showed me a while back.

front & back of box type envelope
Anyway you can see all the details and descriptions by clicking on card image. Enjoy.

I'm also using a bunch of rubber stamps (Happy Birthday, My Friend & "How Old would you be...") from Quietfire Design

And it fits for these challenges:
Stamps Fun Creativity  #169 hand made embellies
Card Maker Magazine  use 11 items on a project (card front, Ruch paper, leaves, embossed front label, eCut embossed numbers, rhinestones, flowers have 3 sections (yellow, black, pink), inside flap with text, inside back of card with textured layer and repeat of front label.
Papertake Weekly  make it sparkle (the squares in her name have glitter and the number shines plus the rhinestones)

2 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card :-) I am sure your friend LOVED this !! so pretty and the envelope is fab too ! :-)

thanks for joining us on the Papertake Weekly Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Tinkerbeth said...

Relly beautiful!