Saturday, March 15, 2014

Accordion Frame Booklet - Zen Thoughts

http://www.yogiemp.com/Calligraphy/Artwork/AccordionFrameBooklet_ZenThoughts.html
I came across this accordion created frame here and was intrigued. On Thursday I picked up this St Armand very rough handmade paper and new it would make a super cover for the booklet. I was right... So finished the structure and then was stumped as to what to put into it. BIG GRIN. So went to my quote database and the first thing I see is this Zen quote. I just new it was serendipity.

http://www.yogiemp.com/Calligraphy/Artwork/AccordionFrameBooklet_ZenThoughts.htmlI'm entering it in our Guild's show in May here in Calgary. We're allowed 2 3D projects which I only found out about a couple days ago. Sigh!!. I might have time before the deadline to create one more. I've really been enjoying doing some calligraphy lately.

Anyway you can see all the details and descriptions by clicking on images. Enjoy

And it fits for thes challenges:
Alphabet Challenge  C for country flowers
Brown Sugar Challenge  #85  paper piecing
Sister Act Challenge  #48 Anything goes
Card Makin Mamas  #82 use liquid products (mists, sprays etc) I used Perfect Pearls mist on the flowers, sprayed water on the bkgr'ds.





5 comments:

Blossom Cards said...

lovely box card thanks for sharing with 613 avenue create Rachel

Jutta said...

Wonderful paper, and project! :)

Holly said...

Fabulous Yogi! You've inspired me to try the accordion frame. Yours is gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, I like this, Yogi! A wonderful piece of home decor. Great find on the paper and perfect for a project like this.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love your choice of colours and great quote too!

Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

Sheena
xxx