Tuesday, May 27, 2014

MC May/14 - Coffee Cup Card Holder - Just because

Suzanne from Quietfire Design just got the go ahead with this design for the coffee cup gift card holder. You can find it on the Silhouette OnLine store HERE

I don't give gift cards or any gifts... to people, but when I saw this cut file, I just had to make one. BIG GRIN

Of course I didn't read the instructions first ROFL... and cut just as it came to me, so of course there were some overlap elements (which you're supposed to ungroup first before you cut) which cut into each other. sigh!! But I'm a quick study and got what I needed the next time.

I cut it all out of white cardstock. Ran the cup portion through my embossing machine with the Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" folder. Sponged Distress "Walnut Stain" over the bumps and then some "Picked Raspberry".

The wrap around for the cut I stamped with an alphabet border (Quietfire Design) using Versafine Black Onyx, then sponged the Raspberry. I found it way too strong, so used my gelli plate with some gesso and made a print. That toned it down nicely.

The gift card holder portion I sponged with "Mustard Seed", then the Raspberry. Stamped the sentiments (Quietfire Design) with the black. Sponged some Walnut Stain on the little cup. Glued everything together.

Then Adhered the center heart which was embossed with Queen's Gold.

And it fits for these challenges:
Milk Coffee Challenge  anything but a card
Fashionable Stamping Challenge  #73 3D object

1 comment:

Esther said...

What a fun idea - this is great to put a gift card in...thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx