Sunday, May 4, 2014

MC May/14 - SB Flourish_Love Where You're At

Continuing on with the Spellbinders Impressabilities stencils - those thin metal ones from a few years back... I said they work great with the right type of paper and a bit of water misted on. It was ages ago since I played with them, so I thought I'd better play with them again to refresh my memory banks. BIG GRIN. I was pleased with the results.

This one I had put aside because I had applied the Distress pad while the paper was still damp and it made some jarring streaks...After it was dry, I decided to just put more of that same color over it, really heavily, and I liked it so decided to use it.

I had used cream toned 110# cardstock and "Forest Moss". Trimmed down and layered on to an olive colored cardstock. Used my Perfect Layers ruler set to cut a 1/8" border all around, then wrapped an olive toned ribbon around it, then onto my side folde 5.5"w x 4.25"h white card.

Adhered a basic loop with hot glue as a bow. Added the green gems on two corners. Went through my die cut boxes and adhered various flourishes and leaves and the feather. Also added a quilled flower from my last quilling session.

Stamped the quote (Quietfire Design) onto drafting vellum (love this stuff), using Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed. Die cut with Spellbinders Oval set and edged it with a gold Krylon leafing pen, then adhered to card with Glossy Accents.

Click on card image to enlarge. Enjoy

And it fits for these challenges:
Delightful Sketches  add dimension
Crafts 4 Eternity  #174  stamp it
Simply Create Too  #60 use at least 2 layers
By The Cute & Girly  monthly May flowers
Aurora Wings Challenge  #2 Monochromatic  mine was deleted - didn't have a hand colored image...
Bearly Mine Challenge  monthly May Flowers

9 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

This is beautiful, Yogi.

nattyboots said...

This is so so beautiful , i just love all the textures used , thank you for sharing x

michele said...

Lovely card Yogi Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

Leslie Miller said...

This background looks amazing! Love the finishing touches, too.

paper fun said...

Really beautiful, Yogi. So much depth in the background.

Thanks for joining our stamping challenge at Crafts 4 Eternity.

Mari

Marja B. said...

Beautiful card, Yogi! Lovely texture and pretty die cuts! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Simply Create Too!

Hugs, Marja
Simply Create Too DT

DonnaMundinger said...

Yogi, this is absolutely exquisite. I have some of those Spellbinders dealies and never know what to do with them. I do have a bit of bad news, though. Our challenges at Aurora Wings require the additiion of a hand colored rubber or digital stamp so in fairness to all, I'm afraid I must remove your beautiful card. So sorry. Hope to see you again. xxD

Lozzy said...

This is beautiful! Love your design and with the colours and your background! Thank You so much for joining us at Bearly-Mine Designs for our Flower Challenge. We hope to see you again real soon....Hugs Lozzy xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a fantastic card you have made that fits in well with the Bearly Mine Challenge this month of “Flowers”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)