Sunday, December 21, 2014

Thank U, Thank U, Thank U


I have a lot of thank you cards, but I thought I would make one that was a bit more personal and use some of my own calligraphy... this was a very special thank you to my cousin and his wife. And for a change there is no rubber stamping...

I actually did 3 versions of the Thank U.
This first one was done with mostly Winsor & Newton watercolors brushed on to my 3.8 parallel pen nib on to 110# Neenah Solar white cardstock. I didn't like my little picot ends, they just didn't form right... then went over it with a Copic black multiliner. I used a Spellbinders die "Lattice Rectangles" and a tan mat to emboss the design, then sponged a bit of Distress "Seedless Preserves" around the edges, then used the pad to add a bit more color. (5.5"w x 5"h)

The second version I used a micron pen and then a very small multiliner for the picots on the Neenah cardstock. The purple bottom color was a Sakura metallic gel pen and then blended with water. The yellow and fuchsia were done with Derwent Inktense pencils and again moved around with water. Sponged edges with the preserves. Die cut with the Lattice Rectangles. Adhered to a yellow card. (5.5"w x 4.25"h)

the 3rd one is done on Arches Text wove and that one will be for another day...

Click on either image to enlarge. Enjoy

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

If this was a stamp I'd probably buy it. Very nice, Yogi!