Thursday, January 1, 2015

I Believe #3 & 4 - Geli Prints


http://yogiemp.com/Calligraphy/Artwork/I%20Believe3&4_GeliPrints.htmlIt's New Years Day and what better way to spend it but by doing something arty... and I was on a roll. I absolutely love this song - "I Believe" lyrics by Ervin Drake 1953 - and it kept going through my brain on an ever ending loop... I finally had to put it on paper.

Last week I did some draft of it that were OK, but a little boring. So between yesterday doing the Geli prints and today doing the calligraphy, I turned out a couple I'm content with. I tried my hand at putting some flourishes at the ends and beginnings of words. Need lots more practice with that, but it's a start.

Not sure which one I'll be submitting to our Guild show at the end of the month. Still ruminating on it... I think I like the 4th version the best although the 3rd version has more zap.
http://yogiemp.com/Calligraphy/Artwork/I%20Believe3&4_GeliPrints.html
After they're matted I think I'll have a better idea of how they look.

Anyway, if you want to see the details and descriptions, just click on either piece of artwork. Enjoy

Now if the rest of the year continues in this vane... it would be awesome.

http://yogiemp.com/Calligraphy/Artwork/I%20Believe3&4_GeliPrints.html

2 comments:

I'm a Little Teapot said...

You are so talented, Yogi. I zoomed on on both projects and your writing is lovely. Can you enter both?

Leslie Miller said...

How beautiful! I CANNOT believe you did the lettering yourself. Amazing! Beautiful lyrics.