Monday, February 2, 2015

MC Feb/15 - Quill Shamrock - Slainte - Friend

We're back in to frigid temps and winter here in Calgary... I was getting really spoiled with the + temps recently... So now I needed something green. Shamrocks. ROFL. I know I'm a little ahead of myself. but that's normal for me. I also was in a mood to finally make one of those Greek borders... so mixing a few nationalities here.

I side folded the white card (5"w x 6.25"h).

Created the Greek border and then cut with my electronic cutter from white cardstock. Used Distress daubers and some regular acrylics with dauber tops in various greens. Dried, then applied Versamark all over and clear embossed.

Stamped the leaf sprig (Local King Rubber "Hummingbird") in the appropriate spot using Distress mini pads, "Mowed Lawn" all over then some "Forest Moss" here and there. Adhered the Greek border.

eCut the word "Slainte" and a shadow layer from white cardstock, colored with the daubers, dried, then streaked the shadow layer with Distress dauber "Picket Fence". The main word I applied Quickie glue and then sprinkled with Ritz glitter micro fine glitter "Sweet Basil". The shamrock part of the word I used a lighter green (unknown brand). Adhered the two layers together and then on to the card.

Adhered my quilled elements (shamrock, white flowers and the ladybug). Added mini white pearls.

On the inside stamped the sprig a couple times using the same colors as on front. Stamped the quote using Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed.

The quote and eCut word are from Quietfire Design

Click on any image to enlarge. Enjoy

And it fits for these challenges:
Die Cut Divas  Monthly Feb  Words/sentiments
Card Mania Challenge  #65  add some red
Inky Impressions  #194 glitter & gloss
Southern Girls Challenge  sparkle & shine



9 comments:

Linda said...

Hello Yogi. I really like the way you quilled on top of the stamped images. That's a great idea and lovely card....Linda E.

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty! More of those sweet flowers I love with the shamrock, too.

M DelValle said...

Beautiful card!! Thank you for joining us at Inky Impressions! Maria

Michele K. Henderson said...

I LOVE your beautiful quilled Irish design! Very pretty card!

Arlene said...

Amazing work.

So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

kenli said...

This is simply wonderful! I love this project and the colors you've used. Fabulous idea.Thanks for sharing your art work with us at Card Mania Challendges.

iluszka said...

Great card!!! Thanks for joining us at Card Mania :) Good luck!!! iluszka DT

Auzz Trinklets N Krafts said...

Like the quilled flowers thanks for playing around with Southern Girls Challenge ... Love DT Neha

Ngaere said...

This is so pretty with the colours and the quilled flower and I love the the quilled ladybug. Thank you for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge.