Friday, June 12, 2015

MC June/15 - Triangle Quill Tangle - The Only True Gift - HB


http://yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2015/MCJune15_TriangleQuillTangle_TheOnlyTrueGift_HB.htmlAt my last quilling session this past Wednesday, I was sitting there trying to decide what to make... then I started doodling something I had seen the day before on "A Little Lime" blog the Narwal tangle which is basically a bunch of "S'es". The next thing I new I was quilling coils for the doodle I had drawn... I then cut out the doodle and pasted my coils to the paper to hold everything together. When i got home I created another doodle, shading with pencil etc and created the off center diagonal card which incorporated another challenge... and so the story goes. I'm also using Designs by Ryn stamp on the inside (Sea Creatures #2) - love this set....
http://yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2015/MCJune15_TriangleQuillTangle_TheOnlyTrueGift_HB.html

Anyway, you can see more details and descriptions, more views etc, by clicking on any card image. Enjoy

I'm using my own calligraphy (Blackletter style) and eCut design from it on the front, but on the inside I'm using calligraphy stamps from Quietfire Design. "The Only True Gift..." & "Happy Birthday Plain And Simple" 7pce set.

And it fits for these challenges:
Perfectly Rustics  #49  letters or symbols as focal.
Sassy Studio Designs #285 different fold
Casual Fridays  #140  CAS - summer, tan, white + 1 (the design reminds me of sea shells and the foam along the shore)
Crafty Catz Weekly  #283 CAS
Wags n Whiskers  #156 CAS
Designs by Ryn  monthly Juneanything goes using Ryn's stamps
http://yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2015/MCJune15_TriangleQuillTangle_TheOnlyTrueGift_HB.html

10 comments:

Lisa Babitz said...

Very cool doodled design and quilling! And your greeting really pops! Thanks for joining us over at Perfectly Rustics.

Ryn Tanaka said...

Neat format to this! I like your use of the stamps too! Very subtle. Thanks so much for sharing your project in my challenge! Wishing you a great weekend!

Janette said...

I simply love this, it is a true work of art....
Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week...x

Kim Butterworth said...

Such a unique work of art, love the quilling with the doodling! Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Rustics.

Cathie Borowski said...

Wow, I would never have thought to combine doodling and and quilling, this looks amazing. Thanks for joining the Perfectly Rustics letters and symbols challenge. Cathie DT

Sara Paschal said...

This is a really clever fold and I LOVE the quilling. Thanks for playing along with us over at SSD DTBST Just Fold It Challenge.
Sara SSD DT;)

Intruderlady said...

Love your fold. Great idea. Thanks for joining our DTBST challenge at Sassy Studio Desings. Good luck!

Kitty
SSD DT

Kim Kelley said...

Very unique. Love it! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Studio Designs and the DTBST challenge this week! HUGS

Kim
SSD DT

Shelly said...

This is so cool! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Michelle said...

Sooooo coool!!! Love this fun and unique card! Thanks for joining CAS-ual Fridays!