Saturday, October 24, 2015

MC Oct/15 - ECD Season's Greetings - Winter Scene - Xmas Waves

http://yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2015/MCOct15_ECDSeason'sGreetings_WinterScene_XmasWaves.htmlI got this new stamp from Impression Obsession "CAC Winter Scene" and of course had to use it right away... On the front it's painted and on the inside I used colored pencils.


PS: this card uses the gold contact paper and not Becca's technique...

Then there's that gold border around the circles... Becca Feeken from Amazing Paper Grace blog was using a Minc machine to get great gilded borders around open work die cuts... You can see her post HERE. I knew in the back of my mind my hot laminator could do something similar, so I went about testing it out... Yes it does do the foil technique but definitely not as good as Becca got...

Basically you definitely need a really good black and white laser print. My printer is old, the rollers are grungy and my cartridge is over 3 years old... So I've ordered a new Laser printer hoping to get really good prints. I'm going to try printing something at work and also doing a photo copy to see if those will work better with my laminator. I have a GBC 9" Document Laminator. So I will continue to experiment...

http://yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2015/MCOct15_ECDSeason'sGreetings_WinterScene_XmasWaves.htmlBut for my card I used shiny gold contact paper I picked up in one of those dollar stores eons ago (ps it cost more than a dollar...) and the Spellbinders Standard Circles small and large sets. Love the results.

Anyway, you can see all the details and descriptions by clicking on any card image. Enjoy.

I'm using a Quietfire Design quote stamp on the inside.

And it fits for these challenges:
Crafty Ribbons Challenge  #130  Xmas, dies & ribbon
Polka Doodle Challenge  #43 sparkle/bling/glitter
Simple Create Too  #97 Baby it's cold outside
Hiding in My Craft Room  #222 any holiday
Stamps Fun Creativity  #264  blue & white
Createalicious Challenge  #80 for a guy


http://yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2015/MCOct15_ECDSeason'sGreetings_WinterScene_XmasWaves.html

7 comments:

Quietfire said...

Great job, Yogi! Glad to see you got a good product in spite of the old printer! You can't tell it's not perfect from my chair!!

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful snowy scene card. Love the big senti, and your foil border looks great to me.

Laura said...

Thanks for linking up at Crafty Ribbons Challenges. Unfortunately the current challenge is "reindeer and ribbon" so this card doesn't qualify. It is however a totally scrummy card!
Laura

starcyl said...

These are lovely makes and perfect for our challenge of Add some bling or glitter.
Thanks for sharing with us over at Polkadoodles Jenny x
Polkadoodles DT

Laurie HIMCR said...

Gorgeous card! I love that stamp! Great job coloring it! It looks like a perfect winter scene! Thanks for joining us this week at HIMCR!

Hiding in My Craft Room
~Laurie

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely card
Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles this time
xx

Penny said...

Thanks so much for making it sparkle with us at Polkadoodles this week
Penny (Polkadoodles DT)