Tuesday, June 28, 2016

MC June/16 - July 1 - Enjoy Your Day

So Canada Day is around the corner... July 1st - and I thought I'd use one of the newest Silhouette files from Suzanne available on the Silhouette onLine store HERE to celebrate the occasion.

Real simply made. Opened the file on my mat and increased the size to 5"h and cut from white cardstock. Colored and outlined portions of it using a Distress marker "Festive Berries"

Side folded a white card 4.25"w x 5.5"h. Adhered a piece of 2.5"w Sookwang tape to the center of the card, then adhered my cut file. Created some release paper masks for the edges of the #1 and carefully sprinkled a minute amount of Glitter Ritz micro fine glitter "Regal Red", burnished. Then sprinkled the rest of the card with Stickles dry glitter "Star Dust".

Stamped the sentiment with Versafine Black Onyx and pressed down solidly with my stamp to get a good impression.

Voila. It's now ready to mail to one of my Canadian Friends...

PS Suzanne also created some US files for the 4th of July. A Lantern & July Motif;

I'm also using a sentiment stamp from Quietfire Design "Twirl and Enjoy" 3pce set

And it fits for this challenge:
Craftin Desert Divas  red/white & blue (I omitted the blue since I'm Canadian...)

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I like your arrangement here, Yogi, and how you slipped the "enjoy your day" into the side there. You dressed it up nicely with the two glitters and gave it a festive look. Happy Canada Day this Friday!