Thursday, August 4, 2016

MC Aug/16 - Brick Wall - Just Living Is Not Enough


quietfirecreations.blogspot.ca
My turn on the Quietfire Creations Blog today and must admit I was a little stumped as to what direction to go in. I'm in a little bit of a slump again... Nothing was inspiring me. I picked up this stencil (Crafter's Workshop "Tuscan Wall") the other day and decided to use it. I love the peek a boo kind of image it had of the brick wall. The card is a very simple one layer card, but I think it turned out ok. Didn't do anything on the inside yet... Those little butterflies all over the wall make me smile - which is good. I very, very rarely analyze my work, but I think the brick wall symbolizes my feeling like hitting a brick wall. Sorry for rambling on...

Anyway you can see all the details and descriptions by clicking on any card image. Enjoy or clicking HERE to go to my website.

quietfirecreations.blogspot.caI'm using a quote from Quietfire Design "Just Living is Not Enough..."

And it fits for these challenges:
Artistic Inspirations  #162 anything goes
Crazy Challenge  #227 sunny colors or a smile (definitely all the little butterflies...)
Crafty Sentiments Challenge  anything goes
TTCRD  #2 - 9 anything goes
JW Scrap Shack  #149 anything goes
Polka Doodle Challenge  #30 anything goes

9 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

I've run into that wall quite a few times and it sure makes things tough when you're doing design team work. This turned out pretty, Yogi. Love the combination of stamps, dies, and embossing. Those itty bitty butterflies are so cute!

Creaine said...

nice work! Thanks for joining us at The Crazy Challenge. Good luck.
Bye,
Groetjes van Ine (DT)
http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

Rae Ann said...

Love the texture you created on this! The CAS card has so much color and I love the way you let sentiment take center stage. Keep your chin up! We all hit that wall, but this is absolutely gorgeous.


Thank you for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs for our Anything Goes challenge.

Katrina Bufton said...

Beautiful card, it's so delicate and I love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us in our 'Anything Goes' challenge at Polkadoodles,
Katrina x
p.s. I have a giveaway on my blog if you want to join in

Cara said...

Stunning card Yogi! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door!
(Hugs) Cara
Through The Craft Room Door {Owner}
TTCRD Challenge Blog
My Creative Chaos {My Personal Blog}

cotnob said...

This is so pretty, a fabulous design and lovely sentiment.
Thank you for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Polkadoodles
Pauline
x

Scrappy Scatty said...

lovely card. Thanks for joining us in the 'Anything Goes' challenge at Polkadoodles
xx

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations Louise DT x

Vannessa said...

Lovely card. Thank you so much for joining in the Crafty Sentiments Challenge this time. Hope to see you again.

Hugs, Vannessa
Crafty Sentiments DT