Sunday, April 5, 2020

Thermal Embossed Handwriting


I was watching Tim's Saturday's Facebook video and in among everything was mention of Resist Spray as an adhesive. All of a sudden my mind went to calligraphy...

I've tried a lot of different ways to emboss my calligraphy and have never been happy with the results. I also find the standard felt tip or sponge tipped embossing pens create too fat lettering. UGH!! I had an embossing ball point pen that really worked beautifully, but I used it all up and haven't come across another one yet.

So I did a bit of experimenting with the Resist Spray liquid. Yes it's liquid and I can dip my pointed pen nib into it. Alleluia. It's like the 3 bears story.. Too much ink and you get bubbling in the embossing. Too little ink and it dries to quickly so the embossing powder doesn't stick. Just the right amount of pressure and I'm happy. This takes a bit of practice and getting used to the medium and pressure needed. I will need to play some more... I used Emerald Creek - Quietfire Design - Modern Gilding Powders.

Then I started thinking again and decided to try my glue pens. The Sakura Quickie Glue pen gave me really good results and the Zig 2 Way Glue pen gave me good results as well but thicker lettering. 

I also came across someones blog post where they said to empty the contents of the Zig pen and fill it with Versamark. I know I tried Versamark for calligraphy eons ago and found it too thick for writing. It didn't flow. 

So until I experiment again on another laid back day... have a great one.


No comments: