Sunday, November 22, 2020

Julie Wildman - Resist - Day 3


I took a 3 day ZOOM class with Julie Wildman - these are cards I made during day 3

Love the card above... and I know who it's going to... BIG GRIN. I finally mixed up some Rheotech white gesso (which is more "liquidy" than my Golden gesso) and worked better than the Liquitex clear for this writing technique. Watercolors and salt and then the mistletoe. I'm still chuckling as I write this...

On this next card used the Molotow pen with the masking fluid, Then Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils blended with water, then added a graphite shading with paper stump. I'm very happy with the results.

And for this card below, finally used some of my Daniel Smith gold gesso. I've had the container since 2006, I don't think I've used it since then. The gesso was still great but the container was totally shot. I had to dispense it into another container... 

Click on any image to see more details and descriptions. Enjoy


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Oh! I'm loving all this so much! The happy holidays -- ack, fun! The background on the first -- love -- and everything done with your own lettering!