Thursday, March 28, 2024

Celtic Key Pattern - Painted Frame


Well our Celtic Group are starting with Key Patterns.. They're supposedly all straight lines. I have no idea if I'm doing it right or not... but I love the way it turned out. Now to find a quote to calligraph inside the frame.

size:7.5"h x 6"w

On Canson Mixed Media paper drew out the key design. See below for the steps I took. Since it's basically all straight lines I drew a funky "S" shape. Then put a border around the shape. Transferred the idea to graph paper... although that didn't really help so I just winged it... then cut it out of cardstock and used it as my guide. 

I then inked it with a ZIG Writer, added the inner border with a Juice Up pen and water colored my "S" shapes using (WN Cad Yel, Winsor Blue Red and Holbien Opera) blending the paints with water to merge them. Then inked the black areas with a Pentel Brush Pen.


only painted... 

 

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I really love the rich colors on this first frame. I've looked over and read your instructions for how you did this and I'll tell you, it took me a while to recognize it in the finished pieces, but I eventually got it. Whew, all you have to do is turn something upside down and I lose it!