Monday, April 8, 2024

Celtic Key Pattern - A & E - AE Housman

I thought I'd do an "e" and when I was playing with it... there was the "a" as well. ROFL
Again I created a template of the letter from some cardstock and then just twisted and turned it to create the design.
size: 8"h x 5"w
On Canson Pro Layout Marker paper using a Staedtler Lumocolor F pen inked over my pencil design. (I ran out of my Zig Writer...) Colored with Posca colored pencils ("e" in green and yellow blended and the "a" in aqua & yellow). I drew gems in the small rectangular areas (emerald & sapphire). Applied variegated leaf to the long rectangles.

Still practicing my Art Nouveau lettering... with a Juice Up pen.

quote:
Lie you easy, dream you light,
and sleep you fast for aye;
and luckier may you find the night
than ever you found the day.
AE Housman

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Beautiful in the details such as the variegated leaf rectangles and faceted gem centers. I found the quote very moving and had to take a moment.