Saturday, April 13, 2024

Slip Knot Binding - Celtic Key Patterns





The challenge for our next Art Of The Fold Group (May 2024) had us making a slip knot bound booklet. I've done several of them and still love them... Since I've started doing Celtic Key Patterns I decided to make the booklet to hold them. I went in a VERY COLORFUL direction...

size: 8.5"w x 9.5"h x 1"thk

Raided my cardstock stash and assembled 14 different colors plus the white covers. Added a strip of 1"w yellow cardstock on both sides of each piece of cardstock to reinforce the binding edge. Punched 3 holes approx 1/2" away from my edge.

Bound it a little differently than usual. I started the binding from the back edge but stopped at the halfway point. Then started from the front page working towards the center of my pages. Attached both sections by tying a double knot bow.

I like this way a lot better because I think it's a lot neater...

Then added the different colored strips of cardstock and the title.

You do have to pay attention to the orientation of your pages, otherwise they may end up upside down... ROFL

 

 


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I love all the color! The front represents a great way to use some of the strips I can't seem to throw out. When you open the book and see your art mounted on the colored pages it just gets better!