Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Stepping Stones - The Road Not Taken


This piece started as a challenge given by Nadia Munarolo-Kurjata on CrEaTe for 8 - Love Letter Edition on Facebook (Apr 22/24). I needed a challenge... It's apparently Earth Day today...

size: 8" x 9"sq
So I went into my scraps bag of gelli print pieces... Used my hexagon punch to cut out my stepping stones... and this poem by Robert Frost popped into my head...

Art Nouveau lettering with a Juice Up pen on Neenah cardstock. The gelli print on Columbia Mills LBS End paper was a commission that I also made a spelling mistake on... so now it becomes bits and pieces.

words:
I shall be telling this with a sigh
somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood and I -
I took the road less traveled by,
and that made all the difference.
"The Road Not Taken" Robert Frost


 

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

I never know what to expect when I visit. This is one of my favorite poems. An interesting piece with the stepping stones.