Thursday, May 9, 2024

Embossed - Wild West


Our next galleria will be "Under the Western Sky" which is the theme for Stampede this year. This was my 2nd piece for the theme... but didn't like the 1st one too much... I really like this one though... and my embossing finally worked the way I had envisioned...
size: 8" sq
On black Full Spectrum Color Line I embossed my "WILD WEST" words using various sizes of embossing tools. Highlighted it with a white Juice Up pen. and wrote the rest of the text with a gold Juice Up pen.
PS: I cut my stencil from 2 pieces of 110# Staples cardstock glued together. I really massaged the paper with the largest embossing ball I had to soften for stretching it... but it worked...

words:
In the heart of the Wild West I found my soul.

Truer words couldn't be said for me...

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

Amazing! The sturdy stencil you created worked like a charm, and I like that you softened with a large ball first. There are a lot of steps involved in making this one piece!