Saturday, September 14, 2024

Wax Seals - Roses Red/White In Scalloped Circles

I had some time on Thursday while it was raining and chilly outside... so decided to play with my wax seals.


I used my electric wax warmer (LOVE that thing) along with my candle burner from Spellbinder's that I recently bought instead of holding my spoon over a candle...

I had done a few before I got what I wanted and of course re-melted what I used getting a nice variegation of white/red mix perfect for a rose. Then melted a combo of gold/bronze/copper and pressed the rose into that. This stamp doesn't have a border so trimmed away the rolled edge and placed into my silicone stamp mold (it has 6 shapes and I like the scalloped and larger scallop shapes the best, although I like the stamp shape one too...

I'm pleased with the results. I think I'll put them on greeting cards with some of my calligraphy. We'll see.

1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

They make such a beautiful finishing touch for your cards. The re-melting gave some nice color variation.