Thursday, October 18, 2007

House Warming Card


I finally got the address of a friend that I've been meaning to send a house warming card to. Since it's Oct and I've been doing halloween themed ATC's I figure might as well expand on that theme. Again this is just not me. Or maybe my weird side is trying to poke out. Who knows, but I'm happy with the results. I'm looking at it on my desk and each time I keep grinning.


Anyway, I drew the house on a seperate piece of white cardstock, outlined it with a black sharpie, colored it in with Prismacolors and then cut it out. The moon is a beautiful Thai marbled gold and orange paper. The tree is also a cut out from some black cardstock. The bats are punched out using Martha Stewart's bat punch (I just bought it on sale and really like it). The fence and smoke/words are done with opaque shrink plastic. The fence is another Martha Stewart rubber stamp I just picked up. I used Staz-on black then shrunk it. The words I wrote using a black Sharpie then shrunk. Words: "Be it ever so humble there's no place like home". The spider web and pumpkin are confetti pieces and the spider is a plastic 3D piece picked up at the dollar store. All this is done on the dark blue Bazzil monochromatic cardstock, then mounted onto canary yellow cardstock.

No comments: