Sunday, September 21, 2008
Pipe Organ - Musical Book
Recently I picked up a couple kits from Suzanne at Quietfire Design, one being the Pipe Organ binding. I made the kit book and really loved it, but while making it, I thought I really wanted to make it to suit it's name. So I created this Musical version. I also made it with 11 signatures instead of 9 and added beads to the spine detail and only did three pipe details instead of four. I'm happy with the results. It was a very labour intensive book, because I did a lot of cutting out of details, making the hand decorated paper and then doing monoline calligraphy quotes. Sheesh, sometimes I do tend to go overboard, and even if it doesn't sell, I'll be able to look at it for a while.