Friday, July 24, 2009

Cricut Congrats Card

Well I finally had a few minutes this morning to play with my vector program and the Sure Cuts A Lot software. And this is the results. The letters "abc" I did calligraphically with a 6.0 Pentel Parallel pen with Sumi ink. Scanned it in color and converted it to a black and white image and added maximum contrast. Fixed a few things in the image with the brush feature or the eraser. Saved it to a BMP image. Opened it in my Inkscapes vector program and defined the lines. Saved it to an SVG file extension and opened that up in my Sure Cuts A Lot software. Sized it to what I wanted approx 1.25" x height letters. Cut it out from 3 colors of paper. The grad cap is an outline image I found, which I filled and inverted etc, then manipulated and saved as above. Cut from some light weight black cardstock. Adhered all these elements to a purple cardstock. Rubber stamped the quote and "dream" word (both from Quietfire Design quotes) with black Versafine stamp pad and clear embossed them. The edge on the purple cardstock was punched with the EK Success Swiss Dots border punch and the scalloped/dot border was Martha Stewart border punch. I added a bit of purple Pan Pastels to the inside of the card, just to make it stand out a bit. And of course added one of my calliraphic Peel Offs. BIG GRIN
Click on images for larger views.

5 comments:

okanagan_spirit said...

Looks great Yogi. It must feel wonderful to be able to create your own alpha dir cuts.

Quietfire said...

Now that's just too darn much fun!! Don't tempt me Yogi! I've got enough addictions! Very cool!

Jane said...

I can see why you're in love Yogi. Beautiful job!

Discount Cards said...

This cricut congrats card is great to send some one who deserve this. I am also working on one of my project like this one.

mappear said...

This is great project made bye you. yesterday i have got a mail form my friend he shared is water panting with me. But i think your work is inspired me more.
Plastic Card.