Day 8 of Tim's tags: Well the distressing of the vellum didn't work out the way I thought it would. I was expecting a little singing or something. But that didn't happen. I didn't see or smell any smoke either. So maybe I did something wrong. Whatever. I "faux" antiqued it. I also had to use Staz-on because my Archival pad really needs re-inking.
So inked the the music sheet (Cornish Heritage Farms) onto the vellum, Sponged with Old Paper and some Vintage Photo. Distressed it. Curled the bottom and top and kinda tore the paper. So put tape on the cracks - really vintage now. BIG GRIN.
The tag I sponged with the same two pads, rubber stamped the flourish (Quietfire Design) with Aged Mahogany. Glued down my vellum.
Cut a couple slots on the tag to feed my suede ribbon through to glue to the back and hung some ribbon letters for the word "joy". Also didn't have a large metal key so used the grungeboard key, painting it with metallic paints in silver and over brushing with bronze, then edging with Distress black soot. Used some wire to attach it to the word.
Couldn't find my grungeboard paper so had to use one of the regular grungeboard swirl sheets for the lantern (Soft Flower "Lamp Post" set) and holly (Gel a Tins "Holly Jolly"). Colored in the lamp with Sakura Souffle pens. Tied on the holly with the red silk embroidery ribbon and added a couple bells and the metal word "magic". Added a beige/gold plaid ribbon.