Thursday, December 26, 2013

MC Dec/13 - eCut Glitter Ladybug - Sometimes Said Pooh HB

And continuing to go through my images... came across this ladybug that I thought was so cute. Decided to keep it very simple. Don't know where it came from, but it was from 2011 when I think I uploaded it...

I put a piece of Sookwang tape on some 110# white cardstock and cut with my electronic cutter to only cut through the tape and not the cardstock. Removed it from my mat and systematically applied glitter, starting with the darkest colors first. Wiping with a damp paper towel between colors. Trimmed it down to size and applied the glitter to the background (I used various brands of glitter - Glitter Ritz micro fine, Distress Glitter & "Sprinklers"). Adhered it to a piece of red cardstock then on to the "Happy Birthday (Cuttlebug) embossed background, then on to my side folded white card (5.5"w x 4.25"h).

Stamped part of the quote (Quietfire Design "Sometimes Said Pooh") on the glittered piece using Versafine Black Onyx and clear embossed.

On the inside I stamped the rest of the quote with the black and clear embossed. Then used the release paper from the ladybug and sponged Distress colors using it like a stencil, adding black pen details. As a final touch add the stamped "Happy Birthday" (Quietfire Design "10 tiny sentiment" set).

Click on images to enlarge. Enjoy.

And it fits for this challenge:
Cute Card Thursday  #301 anything goes


1 comment:

Leslie Miller said...

This is as cute as can be! Love the inside, too. Been keeping my eye out for ladybugs, but don't see many of them these days.