Tuesday, December 31, 2013

MC Dec/13 - Mixed Media cards (Tissue & Feathers) (Gesso Honeycomb)

http://www.yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2013/MCDec13_MMTissue&Feathers_HB.htmlI definitely have been in a mixed media frame of mind lately...  Don't know where that's coming from... but definitely liking the results.

Both these cards started out as a result of finding stuff while starting the clean up in my spill over rooms... I threw a lot away too BIG GRIN...

The card at left I made for one of my uncles. So hard to come up with male oriented designs that aren't sports related or having to do with ties etc...

Love the background made with an old piece of Kleenex tissue. Love Tim's feather dies, and got to use some more of my scraps.

The card below started out with a honeycomb stencil I had cut out for some other project eons ago. I just kept adding layers and layers. Love the warm colors I used. Need that with our winter weather. I feel like we're over the hump and Spring is around the corner... I know wishful thinking...
http://www.yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2013/MCDec13_MMGessoHoneycomb_TheHumOfBees.html
Click on either card to see more details and descriptions. Both cards are using Quietfire Design calligraphy stamps.

And it fits for these challenges:
Kaboodle Doodles  #204  anything goes
Creative Craft Challenge  #26  anything goes
TTCRD Challenge  #31 - 6  anything goes
Opus Gluei  #173 leftovers
Pan Pastel UK  #52  anything goes

5 comments:

Beverley said...

Gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining in our "Anything Goes" challenge at Creative Craft.
Hugs
Bev x

Leslie Miller said...

Both cards are beautiful with such vivid, rich colors. I don't think I've ever seen those feathers look so good. I hear you about finding images for guy cards. Generic nature-type cards are my go to when I can't fit anything else specific to the recipient. Good thing I love nature-type cards.

Electra said...

Doesn't it feel great to go through our stuff and get organized? Both of your cards are really lovely, Yogi. I love the details in them and the soft colours. Perfect for our Leftovers challenge at Opus Gleui. Thank you for playing!

Fran said...

Fab card, thank you for joining us over at Kaboodle Doodles this week xxx

Chat Noir said...

I always think the term "left overs" makes you think of things you really should get rid of, but don't......but your two cards are beautiful examples of little bits of this and that to equal a great result. Thanks for playing with us at OG, and keep on using up the oddments. You do it well!