Wednesday, January 15, 2014

MC Jan/14 - Persian Motif - The Woods HB card

http://www.yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2014/MCJan14_PersianMotif_TheWoodsHB.html

Well it was another good and creative day... And again I love the way the card turned out. BIG GRIN

I used aspects of the Spellbinders Persian Motif set to create my bottom oval layer and then scanned the design and cut with my electronic cutter.

Love the colors I used. One of the challenges asks to use "orchid"... I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is close enough to orchid shades - beats me. and since none of my ink pads or colors says orchid - sheesh... And I figured pinks and orchids can come pretty close to crossing the color line.

Anyway, to see more details and descriptions, just click on either card image and enjoy.

http://www.yogiemp.com/HP_cards/MiscChallenges/MiscChallenges2014/MCJan14_PersianMotif_TheWoodsHB.htmlI'm using a couple calligraphic stamps from Quietfire Design.

And it fits for these challenges:
MIM Challenge  #127  Birds
Aud Sentiment  #98 sentiment
Inky Impressions  #141 pink & girly
Lil Red Wagon  #220 orchid (color)
Penny's Challenges  #160 embellishments
Simon Says Stamp Challenge  emboss it
Incy Wincy Designs  #228  texture



11 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Oh WOW !! this is GORGEOUS Yogi !! I have spent ages admiring this and wondering how you 'did it' !! the embossing ,,, is that a folder ? It looks like feathers and circles ,, whatever it is I totally LOVE it :-) Beautiful colours too :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Fandhmum said...

A lovely card, thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday this week
Rosie x

Nicole Setter said...

Pretty colour scheme and I love the beautiful ribbon flower. Good luck and thanks for joining in at Penny's.
Cheers Nicole
Penny's Paper Crafty DT

Rosanne said...

A very pretty card! Thanks for sharing it at Little Red Wagon!

Joanne said...

Your card is lovely! Such a nice sentiment :) Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.
Joanne xo

Leslie Miller said...

It looks orchid to me and it certainly is very pretty!

Jacqueline said...

A lovely card with a beautiful sentiment - thanks for playing along this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

MC said...

Aw this is so dimensional and gorgeous. Anyone would be delighted to receive it! Thanks for joining in at audsentiments xx

~ginny said...

Thanks Yogi for sharing your project in the “Any Sentiment” Challenge. Orchid I always thought was lavender [and you have that covered], but now that you mention it, orchids come in a lot of different colors! I have my finger crossed and it isn't even our challenge! LOL! I love the sentiment you used by the way - and a creative way to design your card supporting the message!
~ginny, DT for Aud Sentiments
RubberMAD (GettyCollection.com)

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, beautiful details and fabulous embossing.

Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.

luv

Debby

Jennyfer L said...

Gorgeous colors and love your card!
Thanks for joining us over at AudSentiments this week and hope to see you again soon!
Jennyfer, DT

♥ AudSentiments DT ♥

♥ Jennyfer Creates ♥