Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Stampede & Shopping

Yesterday I did a bunch of shopping and ended up with more RUBBER. Sheesh as if I need more, BUT they were on sale at a price you can't beat. Four alphabet sets that I picked up were at 70% off and also buy one at 70% get the second FREE. Scrapbooker's Paradise is a great store for sale items, as well as reguar stuff. I also bought 3 sets at 50% off. Then I picked up a Tsukineko Essential Glue Refill. I placed an order in the States for a pad and refill, but it hasn't arrived yet. So I figured I'd pick one up to tide me over (I had a 15% coupon). Well wouldn't you know it, the package arrived in the mail the same day. AND I hadn't realized the stamp pad came with a refill (as a set) and I had ordered a refill as well. So now I have THREE refills. I better use them. I tried it and works wonderfully with decorator chalks, not so great with the glitter I used (but it was not a very fine glitter so will try my other glitter soon). I got some Heat Set Glue powder from the States (Blockheads). You sprinkle it onto a pigment ink stamped image, heat it and then sprinkle glitter or mini glass marbles or something similar. Tried it quickly, wasn't that amazed with it. Will have to try again when I have more time. Also got some E-Z Chalk Enhancer. Apparently it moves and blends the chalks around to give a smooth transition and to create watercolor type effects. Also picked up a bunch of good stuff from the Dollar Store. Dollorama I think is one of the best dollar stores I have ever come across, everything is a dollar and their craft section is well stocked and fabulous. So I picked up more stickers, metal word charms, regular silver charms, plastic stencils and a few other things.

Well that's it for the shopping spree.

I'm off to Stampede again. Today I'll be demoing calligraphy with some other Guild members in the Artist's Window. I love doing this.
So till whenever.

No comments: